The Rab VR (“Vapor-Rise”) Summit is one of our absolute favorite cross country ski jackets. Made for aerobic pursuits in cold conditions, this jacket manages your internal climate and keeps you protected from the elements like no other. Whether it’s a quick training session, a full day back-country adventure, or a leisurely stride with friends, the Rab VR Summit jacket has you covered.
This protective, wind resistant and highly breathable jacket manages moisture efficiently while keeping you warm. Lined with lofted, warm-yet-wicking mesh, the VR Summit has an incredibly lightweight yet cozy feel to it. Feature-loaded and ideal for XC skiing, you’ll be reaching for it all winter long!
Weight: 304g/10.7oz (Size 10)
• 20D Pertex® Quantum Air with fluorocarbon-free Durable Water Resistance (47gsm [2cfm])
• VR Warm lining (83gsm)
• Wind resistant and highly breathable Pertex® Quantum Air
• Brushed fast-wicking VR Warm lining for enhanced comfort and warmth
• Helmet compatible hood with drawcord adjustment and stiffened peak
• 2 YKK® pack and harness compatible zipped hand pockets
• Single concealed front YKK®zipped napoleon chest pocket
• Lightweight 2-way YKK® VISLON® centre front zip with fleece lined chin
For Nordic skiing, the jacket is a very important part of the outfit. While everyone has their own preferences, you will definitely want a jacket that will keep you warm and protect you from the wind and snow, while wicking away sweat and ventilating once your body heat rises. While some jackets are warmer and actually feature some insulation (best if you run cold), and some are feather light (best if you run warm), all of the cross country ski jackets sold at Cross Country Ski Headquarters are designed to perform the main functions that any XC ski jacket should: keep you warm, keep you dry, and keep you comfortable.